Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 25, 2012

Ahhhhh, what a difference a few days can make!

I am happy to say, all of the roses are now planted! Yeah! That doesn't mean that the rose garden is finished.... not even close, but it sure feels good knowing they are all in the ground. Now I need to spray the grass and kill it and then get the mulch down but that will come after the daylilies are planted.

Mentioning the daylilies, there are 316 tetraploids planted now and a nice group hauled up to the garden and clipped, and the row is dug out and just waiting to get started at daybreak, so I expect to have that number at around 400 when I start work this morning. The weatherman says we have rain moving in tonight and dramatic changes in the temperatures, so I want to get as many planted today as possible...... But alas, today is a work day! Hope you don't mind if I finish this tonight.

I thought I'd introduce you to my "family".... aka my pets. These are the critters that moved here with me from Ohio.

This pretty lady is inappropriately named ..... Homeless. She moved in with me about 8 or 9 years ago. Robby named her after about a month of her hanging out with us..... poor thing. As you can see, she is always worried about missing her next meal.
Did I hear someone mention supper?

And Mia has been with me for a bit over a year. She is simply bursting with entheusiasm, always wanting to be in the middle of everything.

She watches everything I do and tries to learn from what she sees.

Gee, Mom, I was only trying to help dig..... gardening looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Awwww, I knew you'd be thrilled that I was helping you.

Someone asked about the nighttime visitors and suggested a steel trap. Here's my steel trap!

Bet I scared you! My name is Brandy! I'm a dandy!
I like gardening too!
My name is Cuddles! I have been with Mom since I was 6 weeks old. Thank you Gail! I have loved my birthday present for many years! Almost sixteen years, in fact......
And then there is Momma Kitty..... such an original name for a barn cat, right? Or maybe I should say a "used to be barn cat". Mom wanted me to bring my barn cats to help control the chipmunk population around here, but once they were here, Mom thought my barn cats were so beautiful, she was afraid something would get them and "they are such nice cats", so Momma Kitty is now one happy house cat!  She thinks she hit a gold mine!
And we can't forget the other barn cat.... Fraidy Cat...... no she really isn't afraid of me, but got the name because the ex hated cats and kicked her off the porch several times so she became afraid of anyone other than me.
She was so thrilled over getting to move inside that she gave me a gift during the last Presidential
debate Monday night.......

Wow, I DID NOT need this gift......

And we're not done.... there is also Hershey....
And Chocolate.....
And we can't forget the fish from my water gardens.... lol
Now after all that, I will tell you, we planted 195 daylilies today.... not bad for a work day, huh?

That brings the Tetraploid total up to 507, so we're closing in on the halfway mark with them soon. That puts us up to 1878 daylilies planted so far. I moved here to Indiana the last of August. All the roses are planted, and the trees and blueberries.....

I don't mind telling you, I am tired........  and so is Homeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment