Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 10, 2012

What a week it has been since I wrote the last time!

Tuesday, October 2, I had to be in court in Ohio for the Divorce settlement hearing. That ended up being quite a day with lots of extra driving but as far as I know, it is all done now...... I think. Knowing him, he'll come up with something to drag it out again...... But while I was there in Ohio, I ran past the place where I bought my mulch, etc. and grabbed 20 bags of pine fines and 5 bags of the peat/sand mix. That ended up being quite a load in my car.....lol

The rest of the week,  I was scheduled to start work early to make up some of the time I'd missed Tuesday. I ended up with even more time to make up for when we had a power surge Thursday morning that burned up my month old modem just an hour after I started work. That meant a rushed 1.5 hour round trip to go exchange the modem only to get home with it and discover that it also didn't work. I was on the phone with tech support nearly the rest of the day before they finally decided they would have to send a technician out Friday morning. He had me up and running by 10:00 AM but that left me with a lot of time to have to make up. I worked the rest of the catchup time Saturday. All of that really interferred with gardening time.

During the non-work hours, I plodded along on the roses and daylilies.  My grandson and his fiance came to visit Sunday and Jeremy and Mom helped with planting roses. The ones that were left to plant were all BIG plants and took a lot longer but I am happy to say there are only 16 more roses left to plant. I'll finish those up when we have more rain and it is too wet to work on daylilies.

I'm happy to say, all the daylily seedlings are planted now - and there are slightly over 500. These are seedlings that made the first cut or had not bloomed this year. No doubt there will be a lot of those to weed out next year, but that's ok.

All the dips have been hauled up to the garden where they will be planted and I planted 149 of them yesterday. Yes, it was a work day and I was out at daylight and tilled enough for 4 rows of plants and got started. I'd planted 80 by the time I had to start work and ended the day with 149 total planted. That also involved tilling and raking the soil to get ready to plant so I was more than pleased with the progress yesterday. Unfortunately, the tiller decided to quit late yesterday so I guess this morning it will mean that I will try to work up some ground using the Mantis..... lol   I can guarantee I won't get 149 planted today! I am so thankful to have Mom here helping. She is recording each plant as I plant them and believe me, that's a big deal.

No pictures today but I will try to shoot some pictures this weekend to show you what we've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment