Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 2012

You asked for pictures so here you are......

I walked out the front door this morning and here's the view of one direction from the front porch.
Mom has built rock gardens all over the yard and they are beautiful! Then I walked past the parking area to the rose garden.... keep in mind that it is a long way from being completed. Remember I had mentioned Austin's favorite rose had come along? Here it is in Ohio before the move.
Here's the same rose planted here and regrowing after being literally butchered!

See the big canes? That's how far back I cut this plant and all the small canes you see are new growth since coming to Indiana. If you knew how much I actually cut off this rose - roots and top growth, you'd probably not believe it survived it!

Here's another view of the fenced off section that will eventually become a rose garden. It's pretty hard to tell anything right now but if you notice the little white posts, that's pretty close to being the outline of it. There's still a lot of work to do and nearly impossible to see the roses in this picture since they've dropped most of their leaves already.
Then as we go down the driveway and look back, you can get an idea of a little of what the place is like.
Here is from my sister's driveway and now we'll go on down to the road.

We sit back off the road quite a ways. So now we'll go back up the drive and take a look at where the daylilies will spend the winter.....
I started off with just planting but have decided it would be easier to trim them back as they're planted. I'm planting them close together so will have to use my little wagon and haul the mulch in over the plants. Here you can see part of the plants I've gotten planted. I hit the 700 mark this morning.... YEAH!!!
Here are the rest of the diploids that have to be planted before winter. Trust me... there are more there than you might think.
And then we can take a walk back beside the pond to the back of the property and see the tetrapolids.
This is the pond I pumped water from to keep the waterbeds going this summer.

I know you can't begin to judge how many daylilies are in the waterbeds but I can tell you, there are several hundred.....they are packed in like sardines... lol

And here is the little gristmill I brought from Ohio.... dismantled but I will reassemble it in the spring.

It looks pretty rough but it will be back to normal after I get a chance to build a new watergarden in the spring. Actually, considering the trip and how it was hauled, it came through this pretty well.

And here is a shot of the backyard.....

There are rock gardens all over the yard..........

Now, I'd better get back to work. Mom is already hard at work!


And look what I found! Granted, it isn't anything to brag about, but I have a seedling blooming today!

No comments:

Post a Comment